Both Panorama Bag and Berg Bag come with protective peel attached to the 100% recycled plexiglass.
Only remove the protective peel from the plexiglass once you have decided to keep your new bag.
Should you wish to wipe & clean the plexiglass, we recommend using only cleaner specifically formulated for plexiglass.
Use small amounts in combination with a glass cleaning cloth.
Due to the nature of plexiglass material, over time it may start showing scratches and marks, depending on the usage. This is a natural evolution of a sensitive material being repurposed in our concept bags.
LEATHER & HARDWARE CARE
All SCOTRIA leathers are sourced from an Italian Gold Standard tannery. We select skins based on quality and durable functionality for our ranges.
Due to the leather’s natural properties, you might notice fine lines and markings making up the grain of the skin. Over time you may also see colour changes and creases occurring as well as an overall softening.
These are not imperfections but considered welcome and normal characteristics of a natural material such as leather.
To help maintain your SCOTRIA product in its best shape and condition, below are some tips to follow to keep enjoying your item for as long as possible:
- When not in use, we recommend lightly stuffing your SCOTRIA bag and storing it in its protective dustbag, out of sunlight.
- If the leather gets wet, for example with rain, let it dry naturally and gently dab with an absorbent cloth.
- Avoid leather contact with chemicals such as perfume and oily products.
- Avoid rubbing the leather on light surfaces, as in certain conditions this could cause some colour transfer.
- With high moisture climates, the hardware can discolour slightly over time. If this happens, polish with a microfiber cloth.
In pursuit of furthering our sustainability efforts and leather alternative range, we have developed styles that fully comprise of microfibre.
As with any of our leather range, please keep out of direct sunlight when not in use and stuff lightly to maintain its shape.
- Soak up any excess moisture immediately and let dry naturally at room temperature.
- For water-based stains, use a clean, soft, white cloth, a natural sponge, with lukewarm, soapy water. Brush the stain with light, quick strokes. Avoid a scrubbing motion.
- For oil-based stains, use a clean, soft, white cloth, a natural sponge, with a water-free dry cleaning solvent. Brush the stain with light, quick strokes. Avoid a scrubbing motion.
- For insoluble stains (e.g. chewing gum, candle wax, etc.), use a plastic bag filled with ice to rub the stain until the substance becomes brittle. Use a clean, dull, flat knife to gently remove the substance. If the stain persists, blot the area with a clean, soft, white cloth or natural sponge and lukewarm soapy water.
- Extra care should be taken when cleaning dark colours to avoid creating light marks that can be caused by colour transfer.
- Avoid excess rubbing to prevent discolouration and damage to the face of the material.